|© Holly DeWolf- Zombie Coffee!|
Today the girls wanted to learn about Zombies. There was a lot of content-mostly stuff not fit for young eyes so we kept it light. We looked at the history and origins, popular culture, rock n roll and cartoons. Mostly, I wanted them to sleep and not have spooky nightmares.
This is what we learned:
• Without adequate amounts coffee, most adults feel like Zombies!
• Originally, the term Zombie described a hypnotized person. This came from a voodoo thing with it's origins from Africa and then Haiti.
• The catatonic somnambulist is another spin off of the voodoo zombie which was featured in the classic film The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari.
• Thanks to George A. Romero, the concept of zombies were forever changed to the flesh eating horror fiction undead we know today!
• For great Zombie collectibles, ThinkGeek has some dead goodies!
• Cute Zombies are a thing!
• Zombie Walks are becoming a regular event in most cities around the world.
• Rob Zombie makes the undead so Rock n Roll!
• Classic Zombie films: Night Of The Living Dead, White Zombie, Shaun Of The Dead and ParaNorman.
• The Walking Dead is based off a comic book and has been scaring the pants off us for 4 seasons now.
• The Zombie Survival Guide was written by Max Brooks.
• Recent Zombie film I have watched was Warm Bodies. Loved it!
• Most recent zombie cartoon we have watched was Scooby-Doo!
• Zombie Haiku -Good Poetry for your brains!
|© Hannah DeWolf- PickaZombie!|
|© Reagen DeWolf- Zombie Pup!|