|© Holly DeWolf- Happy Hump Day!|
What we learned about Wednesday:
• Wednesday Adams is our favourite famous tv/movie character named after this fine day.
• Wednesday's child is full of woe!
• Wednesday is the hardest of all the days of the week to spell! I spelled it wrong 3 times already.
• The name is derived from Old English Wōdnesdæg and Middle English Wednesdei, "day of Wodanaz", "day of Mercury."
• Wednesday is the middle of the work week, meaning that we made it "over the hump" towards the weekend. This term is American English slang.
• In Japan, the word Wednesday is means 'water day.'
• The color associated with Wednesday is green.
• In Winnie the Pooh's Blustery Day was on "Winds-Day" which was a play on words for Wednesday.
• The astrological sign of the planet Mercury represents Wednesday.
• Songs that have Wednesday in the title: Wednesday Week ~ Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Wednesday Morning, 3AM by Simon & Garfunkel, and Wednesday by Tori Amos.
|© Hannah DeWolf- The Crazy Camel Ride!|
|© Reagen DeWolf- The Chatty Camel!|